Monday, July 29, 2019

Wow, Another Week

Hello Family!

Wow another week, man this time is crazy fast! It was a good week. :)

I got to finally have an interview with Pres. Abraham, there's also a new policy where his wife is also in the interview. That was a little strange, but also really cool. They are so sweet, and even though they are very different from Pres. and Sister Kotter I still really love them.

We had our, "come and see the prophet of the restoration"  activity, which went really good. We watched the hour long restoration video, and then this cool video of our living prophet Russell M Nelson. We also provided free popcorn, so I thought a ton of people would come......but at least those that come felt the Spirit. I was crazy happy when this one recent convert and his wife came! She reads the pamphlets, and he doesn't know how to read so she reads to him. I was super happy to see her there. Then the RS presidency's little sister came, which shocked me because she didn't want to listen to us, but now she says we can teach her. :)

Funny story time! I almost laughed out loud in a lesson! I had to silently pray to myself so that I could teach. This is what happened. We went to go see a recent convert and he's almost read the Book of Mormon twice from cover to cover. Anyway, so we're walking up to his little house and we're yelling his name. Then he casually walks up from behind us and is like "hey sisters". He wasn't wearing a shirt, which is very normal for him (and all other filippino men) so he went inside to put one on. The part that KILLED me though, is the fact that he was wearing these super short shorts! AS IN REALLY SHORT! With a belt too, and his church shoes. We proceeded to teach him outside his house, and even though he was wearing a shirt he was still wearing thee sexy shorts that had to have been women's. Hahaha!


I don't know what else to say, other than I bought a new journal and I have committed to write until the end of my mission. It'll probably also help me to be able to better remember stuff for my weekly email to you guys.  

I love you guys! Keep pressing forward. :)

Sister Dugger

P.S. I took the fabric for my dress to the seamstress, and she said it'll take her till probably the second week of August. I'm super excited! You're gonna laugh and be like "that's so sister Dugger" :) Also I totaled the cost, about $12! Can you believe that?!


Sister Thomas enjoying the brownies!
My favorite family! They're the ones who fixed my shoes. :) Their youngest is almost 2 and if you say, "beautiful eyes" he smiles like that. SO cute! I also think it's funny, cause his little eyes disappear.
I made laing! It's my favorite ulam. It's made with gabi leaves, and chili, with coconut milk, and a little smoked fish and shrimp paste. sobrang masarap!
This is us with her little sister, who came to the activity! She's 12 or maybe 13 I think.
My good ol' pal. She's in the RS presidency. She's really super sweet.