Monday, April 22, 2019

Happy Easter!

I am so sorry I wasn't able to call! We decided to work in the morning instead of later this evening, so I wasn't able to call.

Wow much has changed. Sister Cabrera is the best, I love her. She is really quiet and chill, so I'm getting used to that. Sometimes she's hard to read, but she's chill.

We have been tracting and finding very urgently this week, which was both exhausting and exciting. I learned a lot about the difference a big smile can make in talking to people. I would just smile really big at them, and then express interest in their lives. I don't know, I have just been working hard to let my desire to love them drive me, and it has been great. I have seen many sacred miracles this week, as I have tried to not just give a pass along card to everybody, but really talk to everyone. I don't know if that makes sense, but it makes talking to people a richer experience. :)

We stopped and talked to one lady who was sitting fanning her baby while he slept, (cause it's insanely hot).  We just started making conversation, and I asked who lives with her here at her house. (sounds weird but not weird here) To my surprise she began to cry. She told me she has a 4 year old (named Drake) and a baby. She dropped out of college to be their mom so she doesn't have a job. She then went on to tell me that literally just the day before, her boyfriend of 7 years left her. She is also epileptic, and has seizures. She wonders why her, and as she cried I gave her a big hug and told her we're friends now. :) I told her Heavenly Father knows her and loves her, I explained we have struggles to learn and grow here. I gave her a book of Mormon, and told her it's not an accident we met, it's really the will of God. :)

Anyway, I also got to sing, "I am a child on God" while a member played his homemade uklele (I don't know how to spell that). The coolest part, was his non-member brother requested the song!  He said he's not a member, but he loves that song cause it's true. :)

Pictures.....I have none, cause I forgot my camera. Next week. :)

Until next week! :)

Sister Dugger