Monday, February 11, 2019

Mission Leadership Training

I spent Monday evening until Wednesday traveling/having MLC. That's where all the STL's and ZL's get together and council with President Kotter at the mission home. It was really fun taking the boat again! I could have sat and watch the ocean forever, I really actually want to move here. I love it so much! The meeting was really good, and we basically got motivated to be amazing examples. We talked about rules and stuff like that, it was pretty chill.

I saw some miracles this week, that I wanted to share with you. :)

Okay, so it was like 7:30pm and our last appointment fell through, so we were walking around and talking to people. The stars here are SO beautiful, and I kept finding myself glancing up and admiring them. As we were walking I noticed a gentleman who was doing the same, I took the opportunity to start a conversation with him. My companion and I introduced ourselves, and he told us him and his family was taught by missionaries in the past. He told us he used to go to church with his cousin, who is a recent convert. Unfortunately his cousin died, shortly after he was baptized. As this gentleman told me this story about his cousin, I was super worried because often if something bad happens to their friend who is a member, they take it was a sign to stop investigating the church. Anyway, apparently after the death of his cousin the missionaries never came back and he doesn't know why. Astig di' ba?! Kaya, needless to say we're definitely going to teach him.

Little things like that happen all the time, where it's a chain of events and Heavenly Father puts us in the right place at the right time.

Also, earlier today a tiny filipino woman at the grocery store asked me to get something off a shelf she couldn't reach. I'm one of the tall kids now!!! Haha!!!

Yeah, that's pretty much it. Thank you for the update of your week! I hope you have another good one. :)

-Sis Dugger


Mount Mayon as we approached Tabacco!
One with me in it. :) I just stood and watched the water for almost the whole ride. (4 hours) I told my companion I was whale watching, and she assured me there was no whales. Haha sometimes I just have to joke with her.
I saw Sis. Linderman at MLC, cause she's a STL too, but in Ligao.
These little girls were showing around our area, they were so cute. They just kept staring at me them whispering to each other.
There was a storm brewing one evening, and the mist over the ocean was one of the most beautiful things I've ever experienced.

Relief society, with these beautiful YSA
A family, who has been coming to church for two weeks now. Those are her three kids, and then the other one is a friend.
When the branch president's wife brings you snacks in between meetings. :) Thats all the missionaries in the branch.